After a few weeks of being disorganized about meal planning, I sat down Friday night and planned meals, made a grocery list (for 3 stores!), and couponed in a date night with myself. Fun for a Friday night, I tell ya!
A few comments on our meals:
- We are working towards a healthier, real food diet. We are not vegetarian, but I do try a few meatless meals now and then.
- Our littles will eat what’s planned for dinner. No separate meals here, but they usually like most everything I make. We strive for every night a family dinner night.
- I LOVE to cook. I LOVE to try new recipes. I marked the recipes that are new this week with a *. And I linked to the places the recipes are posted if online.
- Mondays we have small group and Tuesdays we have soccer practice, so it’s quick meal night
- Sundays we eat more of a dinner for lunch, then dinner is a packed meal as I feed the kids at church since we go early
Here’s our menu for the next two weeks:
Sunday, April 10 – lunch: Frittata w/asparagus, potatoes, spinach, and onion, fruit, and yellow rice
dinner: Sandwiches, raw veggies, and chips
Monday, April 11 – Ginger glazed mahi mahi* , quinoa, sautéed zucchini
Tuesday, April 12 – Quesadillas or Tuna Melts, carrot sticks, salad
Wednesday, April 13 – “Cheese” stuffed bean burgers*, Sweet Potato Fries, sautéed Green Beans
Thursday, April 14 – Pasta with Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions, Salad
Friday, April 15 – dinner and Wii night at BFF’s!
Saturday, April 16 – Grilled Steaks, smashed red potatoes, grilled asparagus
dinner: Pizza, Salad
Monday, April 18 – Grilled Mahi Mahi with black bean salsa, quinoa, yellow squash
Tuesday, April 19 – breakfast for dinner – blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, and fruit
Wednesday, April 20 – Chicken Piccata (minus capers) over whole wheat angel hair pasta, salad, and roasted carrots
Friday, April 22 – Date Night! kids: leftovers or quesadilla, Veggie tray (carrot sticks, cucumber slices, green pepper slices with various dips – hummus, dressing, herbed cream cheese)
sandwiches – peanut butter & jelly, peanut butter & honey, tuna, egg salad,
quesadillas – whole wheat tortillas with cheese (adults: sautéed chicken, onions, & peppers or black beans, feta, spinach, salsa)
organic macaroni & cheese
oatmeal and fruit
cereal and fruit
eggs in a nest and fruit
scrambled eggs and fruit and maybe toast
granola and yogurt with berries
toast with peanut butter or almond butter and fruit