This weekend my little man turned 7. In honor of his seventh birthday, we had seven little boys, ranging in ages 5-9 spend the night. It was a blast! Needless to say, we needed to keep them VERY busy to avoid ninja fights, bunk bed launching, and unspervised sword fighting but it really was great and Cade had a great time. I found out that little boys this age LOVE whoopie cushions, pop rocks, silly string and little toy ninjas. Those guests made the party when they showed up!
We didn’t have a theme other than “birthday” and that was just fine with me. We just did fun activities centered around what my son enjoys and what he thought his friends would like.
- Sword Fighting – used Nerf swords and had the boys sword fight in a taped out ring. The goal was to try to get their opponent to step out of the ring or drop their sword.
- Lego Challenge – all boys were given a bag of various Lego parts. They had 10 minutes to build a creation using all pieces.
- Treasure Hunt – the boys went on a hunt outside to find gold coins hidden in the yard. They then cashed in their coins for prizes
- Water Balloon Toss – the boys were partnered with another boy. The stood opposite each other and took turns passing a water balloon to the partner. If it was caught, they took a step back. The team with the last intact balloon won.
- Silly String Fight – each boy was given a can of silly string (blue team vs. yellow team). They went at it trying to squirt the other team.
- Egg Drop – using a parachute constructed from a plastic bag and a milk box, the boys each took turn selecting a location to drop the parachute from with a raw egg in the box. The goal was to get “Buster” to the ground without breaking him.